Earlyarts is the award winning, national network for people working creatively with children and families in the arts, cultural and early years sectors.
Earlyarts members help children have the best start in life by exploring creative approaches to learning, thinking and doing. We help connect the people, ideas, resources and information that nurture young children’s creative and cultural capital.
We believe in…
- Children as purposeful, powerful, inspiring and intelligent human beings in their own right.
- The importance of nurturing children’s innate creative potential from birth.
- The transformational ways in which cultural opportunities and creative environments can help children develop.
- The power of collaborative working to spark off ideas that bring children’s learning to life.
- Empowering professionals to have confidence in their own creative leadership skills.
- The important role of families in supporting children’s play.
- The importance of rigor, research and quality in all creative practice.
- Our collective and individual responsibility to do everything we can to help children become confident, expressive, well balanced and happy.